Artificial grass is becoming increasingly popular among homeowners looking for a drought-friendly alternative to a traditional lawn. Artificial grass demands less upkeep and maintenance, requires no water, and can be enjoyed year-round. Artificial grass is a low-maintenance landscaping solution that offers several benefits for pet owners. It’s easy to manage and solves some of the most common problems pet owners face with natural lawn.
When choosing the best artificial grass for dogs there are some qualities to keep in mind. These characteristics of the ideal turf for dogs will help ensure that you are providing the most durable, low maintenance and comfortable area for your pets.
1. Abrasive resistance. Dogs are active and need more exercise, so abrasive resistance should be considered when choosing artificial turf. Artificial grass with higher blade height is softer and has a better touch. The shorter the pile height the better it will wear if you have dogs or it's exposed to regular foot traffic. So we recommend a blade length between 1-2 inches if its made from polyethylene or polypropylene.
2. Water permeability. The urination issue of dogs also should be considered. Water permeability coefficient, size and distribution of the drainage holes are needed to known. The water permeability of artificial grass is better that that of real grass. Though the artificial turf can be directly put on the cement floor, for better results we strongly recommend installing drainage systems before installing artificial turf. The tutorial can be found in the article How to Install Artificial Grass on Dirt. These are conventional steps and if you have any other special problems please consult professional installers.
3. Cleaning. You can use your favorite pet waste removal option for waste, which can be as simple as using a plastic bag to pick up and discard it. Solid and liquid waste could be hosed down where visible as well, for both natural grass and artificial grass. Turf deodorizeris also available for homeowners concerned about possible odor in their pet’s favorite bathroom areas, which can be kept on hand in a spray bottle to use as needed. You can also use a vacuum cleaner to clean the turf when it is laid indoor.
4. Fixation. Dogs’ running may cause the turf to move. So we recommend using garden staples to fix the artificial turf.
We have two recommendations:
1. If you want a bathroom mat for potty training for indoor, we recommend our pet turf.
There are three sizes: 25"x32", 20"x25" and 15"x25"
2. If you want to install the turf in your yard, we recommend our artificial grass turf. There are three styles for you to choose.
Available size: 3'x8'. No drainage holes on the back
Available sizes: 20"x40", 6.5'x13', 6'x15'. About 9 drainage holes per square foot.
Available sizes: 3.3'x13', 6.6'x13', 6.6'x33'. About 9 drainage holes per square foot.
Size options: 3'x5', 3'x6', 6'x8'. About 9 drainage holes per square foot.